|24th January 2021|
I am an experienced past NHS specialist Therapist having worked for over nine years in Child and Adolescent mental health as a Specialist Therapist in an inpatient unit, within the community and a young offenders institution. Alongside my private practice, I am a supervisor and trainer. I therefore have experience of working with many different issues that adolescent present with.
I hold a:
* Masters Degree in Integrative Psychotherapy
* Bachelor of Science in Occupational therapy
* A diploma in therapeutic counselling for adolescents
* Level 2 in Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP) developed by Dan Hughes which is an attachment based therapy developed for children and young people who have attachment difficulties usually due to early trauma in their lives.
*Level 1 Theraplay
* Part 1 Video Interactional Guidance
* Somatic trauma therapy with Babette Rothschild.
* Sensory attachment level 1
Being integrative, I work with a number of different theoretical approaches, allowing me to meet the needs of the individual. Therefore you can expect that I will choose ways of working that will suit you and your adolescent best. I use both verbal and non verbal therapy as words are not always enough. Sometimes it is hard to put words to or make sense of feelings and the expressive arts allow adolescents another way to work through things. My belief is that the therapeutic relationship is key and so this forms a large part of the work that is done together. It is important an adolescent feels safe enough to use the counselling in a way that is useful to them. I feel it is important to work in the way that is best for the adolescent.
Areas of Specialism:
Working with adolescent and the specific developmental needs of this client group including self harm, identity and low mood. I have extensive experience of working with post abuse, adoption and fostered children.
|©2021 Lynne Davis is powered by WebHealer|